Solar Containers Market: Overview
- Consumption of fossil fuel has increased significantly over the last few years. However, many people in rural and remote areas are not able to access electricity from the grid despite of the rapid urbanization.
Read report [email protected]
- Steady research in photovoltaic (PV) cell have gradually reduced the cost of solar panel. This has led to an increase in installation and investment in solar energy.
- Solar container is a clean energy alternative to conventional diesel generator set. Solar panels are installed on international intermodal (ISO) containers, and the battery pack is kept inside the container.
- Solar container consists of four important components: the cooling unit installed in the container, the energy production unit i.e. the solar panels, energy control unit, and energy storage unit i.e. the batteries that store the generated energy
- Solar panels on containers are selected depending upon cost estimation and storage capacity. The control unit manages the direct current output from solar panels and supplies energy to the battery pack. The unit stops the batteries from over-charging or discharging.
Key Drivers of Global Solar Containers Market
- Increase in demand for electricity in remote and rural areas is anticipated to fuel the global solar containers market. Stationary or portable solar container units can be employed to cater to the need for electricity in remote areas.
- Rise in mining activities in areas where the grid connection is not available is also likely to boost the global solar containers market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
- Ecosun Innovations installed Ecosun container in order to supply electricity to the village of Ségoukoura in south-eastern Senegal. The solar container is 40-feet, and has power output of 40 kWc. It has batteries with storage capacity of 200 kWh. The solar container is used to supply power in a village of 100 huts fully without the use of diesel. Around 16 other identical units are set to be delivered to the same region.
Europe Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Solar Containers Market
- Based on region, the global solar containers market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is anticipated to dominate the global solar containers market during the forecast period, as countries in the region are striving to generate energy via solar panels in order to achieve the 2020 renewable energy target. The use of solar containers is also expected to improve the air quality and reduce greenhouse gases produced during electricity generation.
- North America is anticipated to account for important share of the global solar containers market during the forecast period. The photovoltaic market in the region is expanding; hence, the installation of solar containers is likely to increase in remote areas of North America.
- The solar containers market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at healthy pace during the forecast period. Increase in population and rise in demand for electricity are anticipated to propel the market in the near future.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Solar Containers Market
Leading companies operating in the solar containers market include:
- BoxPower Inc.
- Greenergy A&D
- Renewable Future (PTY) Ltd.
- Multicon AG & Co. KG
- ERM Énergies
- Tiger Power
- Ecosun Innovations
- SOLARDRIVE CONTAINER POWER ApS
- Intech Clean Energy Inc.
- PHOTON ENERGY